Goat Cheese Cups
“yummmmm, yummmmm, these are gooood!” – Dolce & Amore
- Phyllo Dough sheets (found in the freezer section at the Grocery Store)
- 8 oz. mild Goat Cheese, such as Feta Cheese
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 oz. frozen chopped spinach, finely chopped
- 1 stick (4 oz.) butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup toasted Pinon nuts
- 1/4 cup sun-dried Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Grease mini muffin pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Defrost the spinach. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a heavy pan, add the spinach and heat, until all of the liquid has evaporated, stirring constantly. Stir in the goat cheese and cream cheese. Add remaining ingredients, mix well and set aside.
Place three sheets of Phyllo dough on a cutting board and cut into 12 squares. Place each square into a mini muffin hole, fitting the square into the bottom and letting the top edges flute. Fill cups 3/4 full and bake for 12-15 minutes until top edges have turn golden brown and filling is bubbly.
WARNING: do not leave on counter, waiting for your guests to arrive. four-legged thieves have been known to grab-and-run, leaving a wide crumb trail on your clean floor.