didn’t write this, but boy is it on target!
By Samantha Drake | Pet360
In general, the most exciting thing that happens to your dog all day is the moment you come home, whether it’s from vacation, work, or just checking the mailbox. Here’s what goes through your dog’s mind during this much-anticipated reunion.
- ZZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZzzz …
- Ooh! Someone is at the door. Must investigate.
- Is this a barking situation? Who is it? Friend or foe? Friend or foe? Friend or- Oh, wait, I hear keys …I know who it is!
- It’s YOU!!! MY WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL FRIEND!!! YOU’RE HOME! I’M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU!!!
- Where have you been? What’s in that bag? Is it for me? What did you bring me?
- I’M JUMPING FOR JOY!!!
- I know, I know. I’m not supposed to jump. I’m so ashamed. Really, I just got carried away. I won’t do it again … I’m just so HAPPY!
- Oh yes, please pet and scratch my head more, yesyesyesyes, don’t stop …I’m so happy you’re home!
- Wait, where are you going? Can I come? Ooh, you’re opening the cabinet … I love that cabinet. MY YUMMY, YUMMY TREATS ARE IN THAT CABINET!
- Those are for me! Yes please! Wait, what? You want me to sit? Okay, anything for one of my yummy treats. See, I’m sitting! I’m sitting! Look at me! Look how good I’m sitting!
- YES! I love my yummy treats so much!
- Can I have another one? Pleasepleaseplease? No, no, that wasn’t jumping, I’m just putting my paws up on you to let you know how badly I want … I’m sorry. I just get sooooo excited. Don’t be mad at me. I hate that so much. But you’re still holding one of my yummy treats … do you think you could possibly … Look! I’m sitting! Pleasepleaseplease? PLEASE!?
- YES! Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I love you so much!
- In honor of this wonderful moment, I’m going to go get my favorite, most chewed-upon squeaky toy to show you how much I love you and want to play with you. I want to play and play and play!
- Here, take my toy. No, it’s my toy. Really, take my toy. No, you can’t have it. Take my toy. Oh, do we have to stop already? Can I interest you in going back over to my yummy treat cabinet? No?
- Ah, more petting and scratching. I love that. I love you. I’m so happy.
- Oh sure, you can take your coat off. Absolutely. Go ahead.
- But hey, could you take me outside now? I just realized I have to PEE. Can we PLEASE go outside NOW?